ROCEEH Conference 2020
ROCEEH Conference Human Origins - Digital Future
27-29 July 2020 in Frankfurt/Main, Germany
For further information please contact: email@example.com
The ROCEEH Conference “Human Origins—Digital Future” will present and discuss integrative aspects and approaches to the development, use, and future securing of large scientific databases, especially within the context of anthropological research. The primary research question asks how databases with their innovative information technology can be used to gain new knowledge by retrieving and extracting archaeological, paleoanthropological, paleobiological, and paleogeographic information.
With this conference, we will address core issues of digitialization, including possibilities and problems of large, multi-layered databases. Although digital tools are widely applied in scientific projects, questions of linkage, targeted expansion, evaluation, and sustainable safeguarding of databases remain unresolved. New approaches including innovative methods of data mining and machine learning as well as deep learning and artificial intelligence will be addressed.
The conference will be divided into lectures, posters, podium discussions and a workshop related to the following topics:
- Databases—Development, Maintenance, Quality Control, Standards
- Applications—Scientific Case Studies (Poster session)
- Methods—Scales, Statistical Analyses, Data Mining, Machine Learning
- Products—Shared Web Interfaces; Public Users, Virtual Atlases, Outreach
- Quo vadis?—Securing and Guaranteeing the Future (Panel discussion)
- ROAD—Operation and Use of the ROCEEH Out-of-Africa Database (Workshop)